We shape AutoMobility
Do you enjoy working on political issues? Are you interested in processes of political opinion-forming? We can offer you an exciting environment for that. Our interests include mobility, data management in the automotive sector, diagnostic capability of motor vehicles, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, climate change, alternative propulsion systems, and all current developments in the automotive sector.
The Central Association of the German Motor Trade (ZDK) in Bonn, Berlin, and Brussels is the umbrella organisation for 37,000 car dealerships and workshops with around 450,000 employees. Together with our regional associations, guilds, and brand trade associations, we stand up for mobility and the interests of the commercial motor vehicle industry.
For the political work in our Brussels office, we are looking for you at the Brussels and/or Berlin location, as
European Public Affairs Manager (m/f/d) / EU Political Officer
You report directly to the Chief Executive Officer
- Interest in political and technical issues relating to motor vehicles
- University degree (in political science, law, or engineering)
- Professional experience in the political/association environment, if possible already at European level
- Ideally knowledge of the current European and German regulatory framework in the automotive sector
- Ability to present facts in a structured and comprehensible manner, as well as to represent and enforce them vis-à-vis third parties
- Above-average commitment and a high degree of analytical and conceptual thinking
- Business-level language skills in English and German
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Active involvement in shaping the political framework at the European level and participation in industry-specific bodies
- Maintenance and expansion of our European network as well as support of relevant committees
- Monitoring of policy developments in the field of mobility and all issues related to motor vehicles at the European level
- Development and representation of cross-divisional positions of the ZDK on these topics
- Independent topic identification for the design of future-oriented framework conditions and industry policy initiatives of the automotive industry
- A wide range of responsibilities with a high degree of autonomy and scope for decision-making
- Performance-oriented attractive remuneration
- Personal and professional development through individual training opportunities
- Working hours honours system and possibility of mobile work
- Employer-financed occupational pension scheme and above-average employer allowance for self-financed pension scheme
- 30 vacation days and special leave on Christmas and New Year's Eve, social benefits such as group accident insurance 24/7, free beverages, company parties, health programs, and much more.
For more information, please visit https://www.kfzgewerbe.de/wir-ueber-uns/job-und-karriere.
Please e-mail your application documents to bewerbung(at)kfzgewerbe(.)de.
If you have any questions, please contact Matthias Kenter, Tel. +49 228/9127-210.